Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/27/2024 3:27 pm  #1

2024 White House Correspondents dinner

The annual 2024 White House Correspondents’ Dinner is set for Saturday at the Washington Hilton in Washington, D.C.

This year, Colin Jost, who co-hosts Saturday Night Live‘s “Weekend Update” segment with Michael Che, is the featured entertainerat the event that attracts A-listers, comedians, journalists, prominent politicians and more.

President Biden is also set to be in attendance, as well as First Lady Dr. Jill Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris and Second Gentleman Doug Emhoff.

“Colin Jost knows how to make Saturday nights funny, and I am thrilled Colin will be live from the nation’s capital as the headline entertainer for this year’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner,” Kelly O’Donnell, president of the White House Correspondents’ Association, previously said in a statement.

Last edited by Spunky (4/27/2024 3:29 pm)

4/28/2024 6:56 pm  #2

Re: 2024 White House Correspondents dinner

Biden took jabs at his predecessor and poked fun at his own age at the annual White House Correspondents’ Dinner on Saturday as a sizable group of pro-Palestinian protesters outside the venue underscored the trouble his campaign faces amid criticism over his handling of the war in Gaza.

“Of course, the 2024 election’s in full swing and, yes, age is an issue: I’m a grown man running against a 6-year-old,” Biden said, referring to former President Donald rump, whom he called “Sleepy Don.”

Speaking to a crowd of nearly 3,000 journalists, celebrities and politicians, Biden added, “Age is the only thing we have in common. My vice president actually endorses me.”

The president went on to draw a contrast between his reelection campaign, which has ramped up since his State of the Union address last month, and that of the rump, who has spent less time on the trail amid his criminal trial in New York related to an alleged hush money payment to adult-film star Stormy Daniels.

“I’ve had a great stretch since the State of the Union, but Donald has had a few rough days lately,” Biden said. “You might call it ‘stormy’ weather.”

Last edited by Spunky (4/28/2024 6:57 pm)

Board footera