Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/11/2018 6:34 am  #1

Donald Trump: ‘I will be greatest jobs president God ever created’

New layoffs at Carrier factory year after Trump deal

Source: AP

INDIANAPOLIS — A new round of layoffs is taking effect at the Carrier Corp. factory in Indianapolis a little more than a year after President Donald Trump touted a deal that save some of the plant’s jobs.

The company says about 215 people are being let go starting Thursday, leaving about 1,100 workers at the plant. That’s down from some 1,600 factory and office jobs when Carrier announced plans in early 2016 to move production to Mexico.

Trump frequently criticized Carrier’s plant closing plans during the 2016 campaign. He traveled to the Indianapolis factory weeks after his election win to announce a tax-incentive agreement partially reversing the closure and keeping some 800 furnace production jobs.

Mine closing wipes out many of Trump's coal job gains

Source: CNN

Despite many promises from President Trump that he would bring back coal jobs, the industry has only added 500 jobs, or a 1% increase, during his first year in office.

And now a coal mine near the Pennsylvania-West Virginia border is due to close, costing 370 of those jobs.

The mine is the 4 West Mine, owned by Mepco LLC. In a notice sent to the state of Pennsylvania last week, the company said that the mine is no longer productive enough to be economically competitive given current market conditions. It will be permanently shut.

Nearly 200 of the workers will lose their jobs on March 2. Most of the remaining workers will be laid off by June 1, once they are done removing equipment.

Last edited by DollyLongstaff (1/11/2018 6:44 am)

Back with a vengeance possums!

Board footera