Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/12/2019 8:49 am  #1

Poached eggs

This not a recipe. I have been trying to poach eggs to make Eggs Benedict with no success. The eggs fall apart in the water and they look aweful. What's the secret? I've watched YouTube and still I can't seem to get the knack. Does anyone here know how to do this.

1/12/2019 11:21 pm  #2

Re: Poached eggs

I just throw them in boiling water. My mother-in-law taught me. They don't always look perfect....just fold them up and show the good parts.

1/14/2019 11:09 am  #3

haven't tried it but apparently you need to add some vinegar to the water and get the water swirling around in the pot before you put the eggs in.  if anyone has tried this, let us know if it really works.

1/14/2019 6:01 pm  #4

I'll try it in the morning if I have vinegar.

1/15/2019 7:12 am  #5

zeke wrote:

I'll try it in the morning if I have vinegar.

Thanks Zeke. I knew about the vinegar. I didn't use any. Do you think I should add a little salt to the water as well?

1/15/2019 6:02 pm  #6

I got an early call to work and fried my eggs. I'll look for the vinegar in the morning. Yes...mother-in-law used salt for sure.

1/19/2019 8:57 pm  #7

https://youtu.be/CgNMGpLglZw
Poached Eggs
And I ordered that TRUFF hot sauce from View Your Deal. I think tomorrow is poached egg day! Wish I had an avocado.

Last edited by zeke (1/20/2019 11:39 pm)

2/04/2019 10:09 am  #8

My sister managed to make perfect poached eggs for Eggs Benedict while we were in Mexico. She cooked bacon instead of ham slices and it was the best I've ever eaten. Got to say the pork and chicken in Mexico is far better than anything here in Canada......and the eggs, OMG....the yolks were bright yellow.

2/04/2019 3:33 pm  #9

Eggs Benny, my fave...bacon or Canadian ham..either way...yay for your sister ! 

Board footera