Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/19/2020 5:24 pm  #1

rump downplays massive cyber hack on government after Pompeo links

attack to Russia!!!

rump on Saturday downplayed a massive cyberattack on US federal government agencies, contradicting Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's public remarks linking the hack to Russia and leaving administration officials scrambling to reconcile the competing statements, according to people familiar with the matter.

"This was a very significant effort, and I think it's the case that now we can say pretty clearly that it was the Russians that engaged in this activity," Pompeo had said of the cyber hack in an interview Friday on "The Mark Levin Show," adding: "I can't say much more as we're still unpacking precisely what it is, and I'm sure some of it will remain classified."

But rump, in his first public comments on the issue, appeared to undercut Pompeo's remarks in a pair of tweets Saturday, suggesting without evidence "it may be China" that's responsible. Instead of condemning the attack, or Russia, he wrote that he had been "fully briefed and everything is well under control" -- despite officials in his administration having said this week that the cyberattack "poses a grave risk" to networks across both the public and private sector.

Last edited by Spunky (12/19/2020 5:25 pm)

12/20/2020 8:42 am  #2

Re: rump downplays massive cyber hack on government after Pompeo links

The Russian embassy in Washington has denied involvement in the hack.
 But Moscow has been linked to several recent breaches, including the 2016 hacking of Democratic officials during the US presidential election.

rump keeps defending Russia...and I am willing to go help him pack...so he can move there !!

12/21/2020 8:40 am  #3

Spunky wrote:

The Russian embassy in Washington has denied involvement in the hack.
 But Moscow has been linked to several recent breaches, including the 2016 hacking of Democratic officials during the US presidential election.

rump keeps defending Russia...and I am willing to go help him pack...so he can move there !!

And now he's blaming China...always defending Russia....I wish he'd just move there...

Last edited by Spunky (12/21/2020 8:41 am)

12/21/2020 10:32 am  #4

He might be exposed by the Russians once he is out of office. They will always have something to hold over his head.

Board footera