Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/24/2022 12:40 pm  #1

Floyd Trial to Begin

The cops who enabled Chauvin that fateful day will go on trial.

1/24/2022 4:15 pm  #2

Re: Floyd Trial to Begin

The three former Minneapolis Police officers who helped Derek Chauvin restrain George Floyd in May 2020 committed federal crimes when they ignored Floyd's repeated pleas of "I can't breathe," a federal prosecutor said in opening statements of their federal trial today.

"Each made a conscious choice over and over again," said Samantha Trepel, special litigation counsel from the Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division. "They chose not to intervene and stop Chauvin as he killed a man.

They chose not to protect George Floyd, the man they handcuffed."The trial comes about 20 months after Floyd, a 46-year-old Black man, was handcuffed and pressed to the pavement on his stomach by the officers. 

Harrowing video taken by a bystander shows Floyd as he gasped for air, pleaded with the officers, "I can't breathe," and called for his mother.

Last edited by Spunky (1/24/2022 4:21 pm)

1/25/2022 7:16 am  #3

Police conduct will be on trial here. The blue wall of silence will be examined: Is it ok to standby silently and observe a wrongdoing committed in the name of the law? 
This will be a painful look at what transpired that day when George Floyd was murdered by Derek Chauvin.  The racial makeup of the four cops: two white, one African American, one Asian, will undoubtably surface as an issue to be examined. 
I don’t look forward to this trial. It will be a painful look back at this horrific event caught on video for the world to see.

2/06/2022 6:11 pm  #4

Another police shooting in MN. The guy was sleeping when police entered his home with no notice. They shot him dead. Are these shootings on the upswing again? Another hearing/demonstrations/trial. What’s wrong with this picture?

Board footera