Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/03/2022 8:56 am  #1

I’m feeling stressed out

Trying to reach my sister as we planned to drive from New Brunswick to Quebec to visit her. I’ve called her house 3 times and the phone has gone directly to voice mail. No one has called back and I know they stay home because she has stage 4 lung cancer. We told her we were most likely coming after out trip to Disney. We are trying to be careful and not stress her out or travel if we’re sick. One of our good  friends who we met up with in Fl got Covid, so hubby tested to make sure we were OK. Now I Wonder if we should just pack the car up and go anyway. I’m feeling so stressed out right now. I had gone no contact with her a few years back…..haven’t seen her in at least 5 years. I’m not sure what to do.

10/03/2022 12:13 pm  #2

Re: I’m feeling stressed out

Have you tried contacting friends or other relatives? How long a drive is it? I would probably do the drive. When you see everything is ok you'll feel better and maybe you can have a nice visit. She'd be impressed that you took the time to go there. Just my opinion. It can't hurt, right?

10/03/2022 3:04 pm  #3

zeke wrote:

Have you tried contacting friends or other relatives? How long a drive is it? I would probably do the drive. When you see everything is ok you'll feel better and maybe you can have a nice visit. She'd be impressed that you took the time to go there. Just my opinion. It can't hurt, right?

We live 800+ miles away. My husband will be driving. I finally spoke to her on the phone to let her know we’re staying at my best friend’s house which is close to where she lives. She told me today had been a bad day for her. I expect she has a lot of bad days. We’re just going to pop in and out a few times. I won’t push myself on her. Fingers crossed I can get my brother out to visit her. They haven’t seen each other since before Covid. He also lives close by. His health is not the greatest either so he can’t help her out at all. My sis and her spouse stay home because they’re both immunocompromised. He has Parkinson’s and she has stage 4 lung cancer that has spread to her brain. 

10/03/2022 6:41 pm  #4

Gosh, that's hard, Clean. I hope you guys have a safe drive. Their lives are very difficult. Seeing you will make them feel good. My thoughts are with you.

10/04/2022 4:04 am  #5

I’ll keep you all posted. I’m sure my sister will be happy to see me and my husband.

10/04/2022 9:02 pm  #6

Be Careful driving and please keep us posted

And take breaks from the driving to walk and de-stress

Last edited by Spunky (10/04/2022 9:05 pm)

10/05/2022 6:14 am  #7

We made it to Quebec City…..spent the night. Now we’ll continue on to our final destination. Thanks for all the support.

Board footera