Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/09/2023 12:46 pm  #1

Golf..today 4/9

Tiger Woods will not resume his third round at Augusta National Sunday after the five-time Masters champion withdrew from the tournament because of a foot injury.

Posting on Twitter, Woods said: “I am disappointed to have to WD this morning due to re-aggravating my plantar fasciitis. Thank you to the fans and to @TheMasters who have shown me so much love and support.

Good luck to the players today!”The golf great had endured an awful start to his third round and the sound of the klaxon, which brought the third day of The Mastersto an early end Saturday, may have been music to his ears.

On a cold and damp Saturday, with the rain pummeling down, Woods could be seen limping on the 17th hole. When organizers deemed that the persistent rain made the course unplayable, Woods was nine-over for the tournament and six-over for the round.

Before play was set to begin Sunday, tournament organizers announced Woods had withdrawn due to injury. Woods later revealed it was plantar fasciitis – a tissue inflammation that causes pain in the heel.Woods suffered severe leg injuries in a 2021 car crash and has over the years undergone multiple surgeries on his back.

The 15-time major winner has only played competitively once this season and in the build up to the tournament told reporters that he doesn’t play or practice much anymore.“I don’t play as many tournaments, and I don’t practice as much.

I’m limited in what I can do,” he said, according to Reuters. But he had displayed his usual grit and resilience to continue Saturday, even though hopes of winning a sixth green jacket had long since faded.

Last edited by Spunky (4/09/2023 12:48 pm)

Board footera