Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/01/2023 8:17 am  #1

Any Views on the Upcoming Coronation?

I have a friend who flew there to be part of the "madding" crowd. Lol. She's even staying in a hotel in the city. I'm sure it will be a hoot! I'm not mesmerized by it all. Not a fan of Camilla (my grandmother's name, BTW). And I like Harry as I've often felt like a "spare"....................maybe the babies of most families feel like spares!

5/01/2023 9:36 am  #2

Re: Any Views on the Upcoming Coronation?

I grew up in Canada so the monarchy has been ever present in my life. I adored Queen Elizabeth, especially in her later years. Who could ever forget her chat with Paddington Bear about marmalade sandwiches? Like you, I was not a fan of Camilla as she was the 3rd person in Charles and Diana’s marriage. I do not however, put all the blame on her as Charles was also an adulterer.

I do think we need to move forward and let the past be in the past. They’re  together and I believe they love each other very much. The late Queen decided that Camilla would be known as Queen consort and I will respect her decision. Charles has been in training his entire life to become King. I’m sure he will be wonderful.

I do feel terrible that Harry and Meghan had to leave the UK, but I do believe there is a lot of bigotry in the Royal household…..not everyone, but this young couple felt it strongly. I like them and think they could have had a positive impact. The British press were dreadful. No surprise there.

I will be watching the coronation next Saturday. This is a new beginning and I look forward to it.

5/02/2023 12:43 pm  #3

Thank you for your honest take on the royal situation. My friend is in a bit of denial and blames Meghan for all the issues confronting her and the royals. Apparently rumor is that M was not a good egg to the royals and staff members but I’m thinking some of the family members were not very welcoming to M. That was a tough period for M with no one to turn to.
Well…..I will leave them to it and wish them the best.
Since I’m on the west coast I’m not sure if I’ll see the coronation. Could you write your “take” here for us to read? I’d love that.

5/03/2023 6:27 am  #4

zeke wrote:

Thank you for your honest take on the royal situation. My friend is in a bit of denial and blames Meghan for all the issues confronting her and the royals. Apparently rumor is that M was not a good egg to the royals and staff members but I’m thinking some of the family members were not very welcoming to M. That was a tough period for M with no one to turn to.
Well…..I will leave them to it and wish them the best.
Since I’m on the west coast I’m not sure if I’ll see the coronation. Could you write your “take” here for us to read? I’d love that.

I will definitely post my thoughts on the coronation.
I have a very strong opinion about how Diana’s death impacted her sons, especially Harry. I’m sure he wasn’t happy to learn that his father stepped outside of his marriage with Camilla. Any way…….there’s a lot to unpack.

6/02/2023 2:39 pm  #5

did not watch the coronation.  I don't care for Camilla.  I have to wonder how long Charles will be King...will it be til his death, like his mother or will he serve a reasonable time and then step down for William?  Time will tell.  Being American, I don't really know what it's like to have a monarch but have always like Queen Elizabeth.  I think she softened over the years and I do think Dianna had a lot to do with making the royal family more human.  I've always liked Harry.  He and my son are almost the same age and look alike.  I also think Harry had a little bit freer life than William because it really wasn't likely that he would ever assume the throne.  Haven't read Spare yet...heard many pros and cons...it's on my to be read list!

6/03/2023 7:53 am  #6

cossysmom wrote:

did not watch the coronation.  I don't care for Camilla.  I have to wonder how long Charles will be King...will it be til his death, like his mother or will he serve a reasonable time and then step down for William?  Time will tell.  Being American, I don't really know what it's like to have a monarch but have always like Queen Elizabeth.  I think she softened over the years and I do think Dianna had a lot to do with making the royal family more human.  I've always liked Harry.  He and my son are almost the same age and look alike.  I also think Harry had a little bit freer life than William because it really wasn't likely that he would ever assume the throne.  Haven't read Spare yet...heard many pros and cons...it's on my to be read list!

I did watch the coronation and am hopeful that Charles will be a good king. I think he will reign until he dies. Let Will and Kate raise their kids and enjoy life before they become Queen and King.
I wasn’t a fan of Camilla either. However, it takes two to tango and Charles never let her go. Diana did say there were 3 people in her marriage and it was crowded.
I do know that Queen Elizabeth came to like Camilla and it was her decision to make her Queen Consort after Charles was crowned…..I do respect her for that as she wanted her son to have his wife recognized as his true partner.
I like Harry too. I hope he is happy and that he and Will make up.

Board footera