Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/30/2024 5:26 pm  #1

Escalation of Protests at Columbia University

Things have gotten bad on campus. During a press conference, officials are stating that there are outsiders now influencing the students. They have taken over a building, breaking in, breaking windows, barricading themselves inside. They have renamed the building Hinds Hall after a Palestinian child who died in the Gaza Strip.

The NYPD will not go in unless the school asks for their help or unless the situation becomes one of imminent danger.

It’s bad. It looks as bad as January 6th in Washington, DC.

NYU and City College also have demonstrations in progress, as well as other colleges across the country.

NYC Mayor Adams is telling students to leave the area NOW. I think they are planning to go in with police and it’s going to get ugly. I hope that doesn’t happen because so far no one has gotten hurt. They are already using the reasoning that it’s outside influencers who are driving the protests. I’m not sure I buy what the Mayor is selling.

Last edited by zeke (4/30/2024 6:07 pm)

4/30/2024 10:09 pm  #2

Re: Escalation of Protests at Columbia University

It’s over. Columbia requested the NYPD go into the campus to remove students from Hamilton Hall.  Cops went in through a window and took away two busloads of people. Dozens of people arrested and will be charged.

City College is uptown from Columbia. Protesters are still there, refusing to leave. They have not occupied any buildings.

Thank goodness no casualties in either case.

285 arrests last night between the two colleges.

Last edited by zeke (5/01/2024 8:44 am)

Board footera